ASFP launches new Passive Fire Protection Awards
The Association for Specialist Fire Protection is to create a new range of Passive Fire Protection Awards to highlight excellence in passive fire protection and to reward those who contribute to the advancement of awareness, quality and education within the sector.
The Association will launch two new Awards at its inaugural Annual Awards Lunch on 8 December 2017, to be held at the Tower of London. These first awards will pave the way for a wider range of accolades in 2018.
The ASFP is seeking nominations in two categories: Passive Fire Protection Advocate of the Year; and Fellowship of the ASFP.
Passive Fire Protection Advocate of the Year is open to all involved in fire safety in the built environment and aims to reward an individual who can demonstrate that they are a major advocate of high quality installed PFP. The nomination, which can be a self-nomination, should include evidence of activities undertaken during the 2017 calendar year to raise awareness, educate and promote high quality passive fire protection.
Judged by the ASFP’s Strategy Group, the application will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Taking opportunities to highlight the benefits of PFP to customer and/or other stakeholders
- Early engagement of PFP needs in project(s)
- Wide consideration of all PFP needs and opportunities
- Establishing PFP training activities
- Offering written ‘directives’ or work instructions about PFP use
- Promoting best practice in line with ASFP Guidelines
- Promoting ASFP as the UK experts in PFP
- Promoting membership of the ASFP and participation in ASFP Task Groups
- Providing a “balanced” view of PFP as the overall “fire safe” solution
Open to ASFP members only, Fellowship of the ASFP will be awarded to an individual who has been influential within the industry during the calendar year 2017. Selected by ASFP COO Niall Rowan, this accolade is for the ASFP member judged to have constantly excelled in contributing with a functional, technical and strategic ability to the advancement of ASFP, both in and out of meetings. It will be awarded to a member who has shown leadership and long-term awareness of the industry’s needs.
Nominations must be received by completing and returning a Nomination Form by Friday, 10 November 2017. To download a Nomination form for each category visit http://asfp.org.uk/webdocs/News_PFP%20awards.php
Published September 2017
Want To Know More
... Association for Specialist Fire Protection is to create a new range of Passive Fire Protection Awards to highlight excellence in passive fire ...