Extinguisher Technicians Examination Course
Who should attend? Anyone servicing portable fire extinguishers must according to BS5306 part 3:2009 initially be trained and to have passed a BAFE recognised examination. This course is appropriate for technicians working in the fire trade and for multidisciplinary engineers who work in facility management, building services and specialised industries, e.g. vehicle manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, utilities, oil & gas, etc
Topics to be covered:
- Introduction to fire and heat spread
- Appropriate fire regulations and British/European standards
- Type, construction, safe operation and handling of fire extinguishers
- Servicing procedures - Commissioning, Basic, Extended and Overhaul
- Provision, siting and installation of extinguishers
- Practical servicing experience
- Applying this newly acquired knowledge in the field
- 23-26 January: Bristol
- 6-9 February: Glasgow
- 13-16 February: Basildon
- 20-23 February: Gatwick
- 13-16 March: Wakefield
- 20-23 March: Surbiton
- 27-30 March: Aberdeen
- 3-6 April: Mansfield
- 24-27 April: Belfast
- 15-18 May: Gatwick
- 22-25 May: Glasgow
- 5-8 June: Exeter
- 12-15 June: Basildon
- 17-20 July: Northampton
- 24-27 July: Bristol
- 31 July - 3 August: Basildon
The fourth day of each course is set aside to the BAFE examination, comprising of a 2hour written exam paper* followed by the one-to-one with a BAFE examiner.
*Arrangements can be made for dyslexic if advised at the time of booking.
To book a place Email your contact details to [email protected] alternatively you can book online at www.firecontingency.co.uk or you can call us on 01932 222010 to discuss any specific requirements or queries that you may have.
Want To Know More
... initially be trained and to have passed a BAFE recognised examination. This course is appropriate for technicians working in the fire trade and for multidisciplinary engineers who ...