Upcoming Vulcan Fire Training Courses
Various dates in 2018
Fire Risk Assessor (5 Day)
• 19-23 Mar - Glasgow
• 09-13 April - Northampton
• 30 April-04 May - Warrington
• 21-25 May – Central London
Managing Fire Safety (4 Day)
• 24-27 Apr - Northampton
• 11-14 Jun - Warrington
• 19-22 Jun - London
• 25-28 Sep – Glasgow
Fire Manager Advanced Diploma (5 Day)
• 25-29 Jun - Warrington WA4 4NS
• 15-19 Oct - Northampton NN4 7YF
Fire Protection of Rolling Stock conference 2018
28th February – 1st March 2018
‘Conceptualising the future of the fire standards in the European rail industry and beyond, through practical and regulatory insight.’
Gathering senior decision makers from operators, regulators, and services providers, FPRS 2018 will once again provide a platform for fire safety professionals to share experiences, discoveries and real life case studies. Over the 2 days, we’ll be delving into the technical and strategic innovations impacting the sector and will explore as a group what more can be done to set and improve standards.
If you wish to meet with representatives from: CRRC, Virgin Trains, Stadler Pankow GmbH, Hitachi, Bombardier, Contitech and Aitex, this is a must-attend event for you!
Book before 10th Dec 2017 | Save up to £300
Book before 13th Jan 2018 | Save up to £140
2018 Agenda Highlights:
- Brexit: what will this mean for rolling stock fire safety in the UK and Europe?
- Case Study: Showcasing London Underground as a leading operator in fire safety
- Effectively sourcing compliant fire safety materials to accelerate the production cycle
- Evaluating the possibility of engineering an open gangway to increase efficiency of rolling stock performance and passenger space
- Application of new materials to update and refurbish Rolling Stock in order to innovate and comply with standard revision
For more information, please visit: http://www.arena-international.com/fprs or email us at: [email protected]
The BSI Fire and Construction Industry Conference
10 April 2018
The BSI Fire and Construction Industry Conference – The Way Ahead takes place on Tuesday 10th April 2018 - Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, Free Trade Hall, Peter Street, Manchester.
The price to attend as a delegate is £150, with a 50% discount for BSI Members, making it £75.
Key speakers for the event:
- Dame Judith Hackitt (DBE), DBE, FREng, FIChemE, FCGI is a British engineer and civil servant. A former Chair of the UK Health and Safety Executive, she is currently Chair of manufacturing trade body EEF.
- Neil O’Connor is a Director at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).
- Dr Debbie Smith is Managing Director of BRE Global. She has been heavily involved in the development of new European fire test methods and classification for construction products
- Richard Collin (Head of European and National Policy) leads BSI’s consumer and public interest policy and engagement, managing the team that runs BSI’s Consumer and Public Interest Network.
- Peter Wilkinson is founder and Director of Pyrology Limited, providing a wide range of safety, fire and risk engineering services to both established buildings and new-build projects.
- Ben Bradford is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of specialist consulting firm, BB7. His early career started in Building Regulations and progressed into the field of Fire Safety Engineering.
- Peter Caplehorn is the Deputy Chief Executive of the Construction Products Association, he leads the Industrial Affairs Team responsible for regulation technical and policy matters.
The conference will be chaired by Sir Ken Knight.
Topics to be covered at the conference include:
- Fire safety engineering
- Fire risk assessment
- Building regulations
- Fire suppression systems
- Implications of Brexit
This conference is a must-attend event, which will include the latest updates on the proposed clarification of Approved Document ‘B’. It will also include an insight into standardization within the fire safety sector. Speakers from all aspects of the fire safety and construction communities will provide cutting edge opinions and commentary on the major issues facing the fire safety and construction sector.
By attending the conference you will:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of changes to key fire safety standards and hear about the impact they will have on you, your organization, and the fire safety industry
- Understand how standards development encourages best practice within the sector
- Enhance your knowledge about fire safety and ensure that you have successful fire safety practices in place
- Network with your peers and have your questions answered by fire safety experts and standard makers
Book your place today for this major fire safety and construction conference, as we look to address the major challenges facing the fire safety and construction industries.
The Fire Safety Event NEC
10th – 12th April 2018
Held from the 10th – 12th April 2018 at the NEC, Birmingham, the event features a powerful combination of education, networking and business support designed to help organisations maintain the very highest standards of fire safety management.
Why the NEC?
No venue can compete with Birmingham's NEC for accessibility. Situated at the heart of our transport networks no venue is better connected, which is why the NEC is the obvious choice when we host the fire safety community together in April.
Free professional seminar programme
The Fire Safety Event 2018 free seminar programme will cover and challenge critical topics in fire safety management today. Across two theatres, content will feature a mix of case study presentations, white paper presentations, thought-provoking debates and legal updates all presented by government officials, lawyers, and leading industry professionals.
See last year's programme
Practical information and advice
By attending you will be able to see and experience the very latest products and services on the market today. With over 30 specific fire safety companies exhibiting at the event, you will be able to discuss your organisation's fire safety needs 1-on-1 and receive practical hands-on information and advice from major fire safety brands in the industry.
See who's exhibiting
Even more value from your visit
Co-located with The Health & Safety Event and The Facilities Event, The Fire Safety Event is a must-attend for anyone who has a focus on improving life safety, business continuity and business protection for their organisation.
Register your interest in attending
FIM Expo Bristol
25th April 2018
The next FIM Expo event takes place at Ashton Gate Stadium 25th April in Bristol.
Ashton Gate is a stadium in Ashton Gate, Bristol, England, and is the home of Bristol City F.C. and Bristol Rugby. Located in the south-west of the city, just south of the River Avon.
The Expo itself is located in the Lansdown Club at:
Ashton Gate Stadium
(VIP Entrance 2)
Bristol BS3 2EJ
The expo is open from 9:30am -3:30pm with complimentary refreshments provided throughout the day and a finger buffet lunch.
We will be hosting two, free, CPD accredited seminars:
- 11:00am BS 5839-1:2017 what's changed?
- 2:00pm Future of qualifications in fire detections and alarm
19-21 June 2018
FIREX International is the only event that connects the global fire and security markets, and gives fire and security professionals access to the very latest technology from suppliers across the world, cutting-edge solutions and the essential knowledge to ensure life safety. So whether you work solely in the fire industry or across both fire and security, a visit to FIREX International is a must.
Why you should attend FIREX International?
Whether you buy products or you install products FIREX International is the place for you.
- See the newest products to reach the market, from both global and local manufacturers, and ensure you're up to speed with all the latest technological innovations
- Meet the distributors and integrators who can ensure your fire safety offering is streamlined for maximum cost savings while still specifically matching your requirements
- Network with your peers and share ideas
- Learn how you can influence and implement the most appropriate solutions
- Free education programmes offer invaluable insights into key development areas in the fire safety industry, equipping you for business growth in local and export markets
- Get an overview of the latest trends in fire safety, to maintain and hone your competitive edge