Protecta launches new Service Transit
The idea behind the new Protecta Service Transit is that after installation, cables and pipes can easily be inserted through a fire barrier without having to install a new fire seal. It is designed to maintain the fire resistance of walls and floors when these are breached by continuous cables and plastic pipes. This is Ideal for situations where it will be difficult to install or replace a normal fire seal at a later stage in the building construction.
The Service Transit consists of a circular high temperature plastic tube containing a graphite based intumescent lining material which expands upon heating to seal spaces or voids around cables and pipes, thus preventing the passage of flames, smoke and gases. It is available in three different lengths, 150mm, 250mm and 400mm and the selection of which to use depends on the thickness of the supporting construction and the required fire classification.
Products like this Service Transit are quite popular and are usually added to normal fire seals to make the building safe. It also provides some peace of mind for landlords as it reduces concerns about later services being properly fire sealed and the associated costs. In the long run this saves time and money.
What is unique about the Protecta Service Transit is its patented fast expanding graphite with a fire classifications of up to 240 minutes for both integrity and insulation. It holds a full European Technical Assessment ETA/17/0695 and is certified for PVC-U, PVC-C, PE, LDPE, MDPE, HDPE, ABS, SAN+PVC and PP pipes plus many different kinds of cables up to a certain diameter.
- Safe, easy and quick to fire stop service penetrations.
- Ideal for installations where it is likely that services will be inserted or replaced later on
- Ideal for installations in tight spaces where it will be difficult to install a normal fire seal at a later stage in the building construction
- A plug in the middle prevents penetration of cold smoke
- New patented fast expanding graphite material
- For cables, plastic pipes and cables inside plastic pipes (conduits)
- Classified for fire sealing all types of constructions; drywalls, masonry or concrete walls and concrete floors
- Can be fitted several ways; cast in concrete, friction fitted in concrete, masonry or gypsum, or inserted in larger apertures with Protecta FR Acrylic, FR Board and EX Mortar
- Very high fire classifications up to 240 minutes for both integrity and insulation
- Certified for PVC-U, PVC-C, PE, LDPE, MDPE, HDPE, ABS, SAN+PVC and PP pipes plus all kinds of cables up to a certain diameter
- No emissions - environmentally and user friendly
- Unlimited storage time (under correct conditions)
- 30 years working life guarantee
Technical documents and installation Instructions can be downloaded from www.protecta.co.uk
Published January 2018
Want To Know More
The idea behind the new Protecta Service Transit is that after installation, cables and pipes can easily be ...