Exova BM TRADA to hold its final ‘Fire Protection Measures – understanding your responsibilities’ training event of the year
Free CPD certified seminar on your responsibilities under the RRFSO and the importance of fire protection measures.
London, UK – October 31, 2017 – Expert industry training provider, Exova BM TRADA, will be holding its final ‘Fire Protection Measures – understanding your responsibilities’ training event of the year on 14 November at the University of Manchester. Exova BM TRADA is part of the Exova Group Ltd, which was recently acquired by Element Materials Technology (Element) to create one, world-class global testing services partner.
In its 5th year, this popular, free half-day event includes a number of short seminars, designed to provide participants with critical guidance on how to fulfil their obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO).
Under the legislation, the ‘Responsible Person’ - which can include the building’s owner; the employer where they have control over the building; or the person who has control of the premises - has a legal requirement to comply with RRFSO. This course considers why the RRFSO matters and what it means in practice for the Responsible Person. It also covers key factors, such as the risk assessment; having a competent fire risk assessor; the role of third party certification and the enforcing officer; and the legal obligations of the fire risk assessor.
The panel of experts delivering the training are from senior roles across the fire safety profession, all with first-hand knowledge and experience of fire protection measures:
- Jon Osborn has worked in the fire protection industry for almost 20 years and has extensive experience of product assessment, testing and site surveys
- Niall Rowan is the Association for Specialist Fire Protection’s Chief Operating Officer and has over 30 years’ experience
- Steve Skarratt heads the Fire Service College’s protection and prevention training
- Carl May-Smith is a barrister with in-depth legal experience on the RRFSO, having advised fire authorities and other public bodies on the order
- The Chief Fire Officers Association will also have one of its enforcement team leaders present, completing the panel of experts.
The course is relevant for anyone who is responsible for a building’s fire protection measures, including those working in the following sectors: education, healthcare, housing associations, local authorities, care homes, housing associations and hotel and leisure.
Download the full Fire Protection Measures training programme here: http://www.exovabmtrada.com/Uploads/MediaLibrary/BMTrada/Training-Brochures/Fire_Protection_Measures_2016.pdf
Published October 2017
Want To Know More
Exova BM TRADA to hold its final ‘Fire Protection Measures – understanding your responsibilities’ training event of the yearFree CPD certified seminar on your responsibilities under the RRFSO and the importance of fire protection measures. ...